I am Abhinav Sarkar. I’m a Software Engineer currently living in Bangalore, India. I currently work at Google. I’ve previously worked at Flipkart, Nilenso, Capillary Technologies and FICO. When not making software, I read books, play drums, listen to music and ride my bike.
You can find more about me on the internet:
Here are some talks and workshops I have presented in various conferences:
- Clojure, Concurrency, and You - In/Clojure 2019, Bangalore
- Many Ways to Concur - Functional Conf 2018, Bangalore
- Moving People with Clojure - EuroClojure 2017, Berlin
- Introduction to Concurrency in Haskell - Functional Conf 2015, Bangalore
- A Slow (and Hopefully Heedful) Ride Through ReactJS and Flux - JSFoo 2015, Bangalore
- A Quick (and Hopefully Painless) Ride Through ReactJS - Meta Refresh 2015, Bangalore
You can see some projects I’ve done here.
Here is a list of software that I use on my MacBook.
About the Website
This is my personal website written and edited by me.
All content provided is for informational purposes only. The articles and posts on this website are my own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of my employer or previous employers or their subsidiaries. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information found here or by following any links. I will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. I will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
This website has accumulated many features over years. Here’s a list of major ones:
- Automatic generation of table of contents.
- Estimated reading time.
- Scrollable tables for small screens.
- Footnotes as sidenotes on large screens.
- Lightbox for linked images.
- Lazy loading of images.
- Code snippet embedding.
- Emphasize/deemphasize parts of code snippets.
- Cross-referencing figures, tables and code blocks.
- Automatic generation and embedding of plots and charts from code blocks.
- Nested comments.
- Comments, Likes and Reposts from Webmentions.
- Comments from Mastodon, Reddit, Lobsters and Discourse.
- Automatic check for broken links, and replacing them with archived versions.
- Short URLs.
- Dark mode with toggler.
- Full-text search for posts and notes.
- Transclude files in Markdown files.
- Subscription by email.
- Microblog page with tag based filtering.
- Feeds for posts, tags, notes and now page.
- Self-hosted presentations using remark.js.
- Filtering by tags on Projects page.
- Tag cloud on Archive page.
- Embedded presentations on Talk pages.
- Author name cloud on Readings page.
- Weekly bar charts on Activities page.
- Filterable recent activities lists on Activities page.
- Lightbox for images on Photography page.
- Lazy loading of images on Photography page.
The website is generated by a bespoke static website generator written using Shake. Isso is used for the static comments support. Website styling is done with SCSS and interactivity is added using JQuery.
The website is served by an Nginx web server hosted on a Digital Ocean VPS, behind a Cloudflare proxy for caching. Builds are done automatically using a self-hosted Webhook instance that triggers a Nix build.